The Kempt 100: It’s a Knockout
The Kempt 100 is our definitive list of the 100 best-dressed men of the past 100 years.
Vices: we all have a few. But these guys, your next batch of Legends in the Kempt 100... these guys knew from vices. Weed. Speed. Gypsy jazz. Imaginary rabbits named Harvey. Barbra Streisand.
Anyway: the Kempt 100 soldiers on.
25. Bob Marley The takeaway: Slim jeans. Serious boots. The rocker’s uniform from Liverpool to Jamaica.
24. William S. Burroughs The takeaway: An outlaw’s best disguise: dressing “straight.”
23. Django Reinhardt The takeaway: When it comes to tying a scarf, there’s the right way, the wrong way and the Django way (aka the “I don’t give a fuck” method).
22. Kris Kristofferson The takeaway: Sometimes best dressed and best undressed aren’t that different. If you got it, flaunt it, etc.
21. James Stewart The takeaway: We should all age as gracefully as Stewart’s old-school Hollywood class did.
- Kempt Staff